Win $30,000 and a Trip to GDC: Pokki Game Developer Challenge
- Entries must be submitted and approved for the Pokki store by February 20th, 2012 at 11:59pm (PST).
- Entries must use open web technologies. This includes HTML5 and ascending technology such as Canvas, WebGL, Web Audio APIs, and WebSockets. Flash is not permitted.
- Individuals or teams of up to five people.
For additional details please read the Official Rules.
The contest runs until February 20th, 2012 at 11:59pm (PST). Your game must be submitted before the deadline, and must also be approved for the Pokki store.
Many first time submissions to the Pokki store require small changes before they are approved. We highly recommend you submit your first version well before the deadline. You may continue to submit new versions up until the deadline – the last approved version is considered your final entry.
Judging starts at the end of the contest deadline, and is completed before the end of February 2012. The winners will be announced in March at the Game Developers Conference 2012 in San Francisco, California.
Winners will be picked by a panel of judges from the gaming industry. Judges will review each entry based on a set of criteria and select the top three games. In the event of a tie the judges will evaluate the tied entries to determine the winners.
The judging criteria is as follows:
- Graphics and Audio – How good is the game visuals and interaction? How well are graphics and audio used to create a great gaming experience?
- Gameplay – How well formed are the mechanics that underpin the game? Is it fun to play?
- Appeal – Does it have lasting appeal? Is it addictive? Would you finish the game? Would you play it again?
- Polish – Is the game ready for prime time?
The top three entries will win USD $30,000, $13,000 and $7,000 respectively. The 1st place winner is also invited to the Game Developers Conference 2012 in San Francisco, California (we cover travel, accommodation, and entrance to GDC). Other notable entries will be considered for featured promotion in the Pokki store.